On October 1st, ride or walk with us in the Ride For Refuge and help children in Latin America get off the streets and into a classroom to get a quality education as you cover those kilometres!
The Ride for Refuge is a fantastically fun, family-friendly bicycling or walking fundraiser in support of 250+ charities serving displaced, vulnerable, and exploited people!
This year, Generation Rising is one of the participating charities — and we are looking for YOU to join our team or start your own to give the gift of education while getting sweaty at the same time. How fun!
How To Participate
- Start your own team by registering here and selecting Generation Rising as the benefiting charity, OR
- Join our existing team called “The Gen Risers” by visiting our team page and clicking on “join the team”
- Recruit some friends to join your team!
- Ask your family and friends to support your effort by donating to your team. All donations are tax receipted!
- Show up on October 1st with your bicycle or your walking shoes laced up and join hundreds of others as we bike or walk through Winnipeg.
Ride Day Details
October 1st, 2016
Covenant Christian Reformed Church, 653 Knowles Ave.
8:30 a.m. registration opens
9:30 a.m. opening ceremonies
Route options include:
- 10 km (6 mile) RIDE
- 25 km (15 mile) RIDE
- 50 km (30 mile) RIDE
- 5 km (3 mile) WALK
Rest stops will be available on all distances.
All riders 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
The route is well staffed by volunteers and is an easy, family-friendly ride/walk. There will be snacks at rest stops, and lunch is provided at the end of the ride/walk.
Contact Mike Duerksen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-415-6836 if you have any questions!